It’s the new year and of course i start thinking about what I want to achieve this year (mind you, the list goes on and on). While I’m here at the airport waiting for my flight to Seville instead of happily watching fireworks like some of you, I thought why not blog something that’s on my mind. But first you have to keep in mind that if any of the sentence does not make sense or I’m jumping from one topic to another, that’s because I’m half asleep and trying hard to be asleep but I can’t because well, the airport isn’t really the best place to sleep comfortably. I’ll just keep on blogging and typing until my eyes hopefully is tired enough.
My resolution for 2017; I don’t know the first thing that comes to mind is how lucky for us to be doing countdowns and watch fireworks or simply starting your new year on your bed, sleeping happily with your loved ones. But it makes me sad to also know that while most of us are doing countdowns for new year, there are people around the world that is counting the minutes of peace they have before they continue fight for their lives. It’s so sad to know that while we are happily tucked in by our parents tonight after new year celebration, there are children out there wandering around to find shelter and to just survive another day. There were so much tears, death and sufferings in 2016, I don’t know if we deserve to light up the fireworks. I keep going round and round thinking about what I should do when half the world is in pain but here I am living. I couldn’t find an answer except to pray for them and help with the little things I’m able to provide. But I know deep down, it’s not enough. I wish I could do more and this, this is a question I’ll keep on asking myself for the rest of 2017. My resolution for 2017 is for the world to be at peace, to love and give more among us. I wish for the world to be filled with humanity and respect for each other, to save the earth rather than destroy it. I hope, I sincerely hope that more people are able to watch the sun rise with relieve knowing that they don’t have to fight for their lives anymore. I hope that families are able to build a home together with their kids and not worry about being separated by force. But the most important thing is that I do hope more people are able to greet the day with a smile and not start it with tears.
How will this goal be achieved? I have no idea. You tell me.
I do have other resolutions for 2017; some of it includes getting a degree, hopefully secure a job, be healthy (eat veggie mission is going well so let’s try to keep that going) and I don’t know most of it are just general goals that come up along the way and some long term goals. I tend to not set too many goals and be specific with the directions of my life because we never know what’s going to happen. As for now, I’m just thinking about how I should study hard and get the degree, be more involved in helping others and just live to see what the day has to offer. I’m hoping to see more of the world, love fiercely and protect what is mine.
I had a thought about how it’s 2017 and what 22 years of being alive did to me. So I asked myself how would I define myself? This is the 22 year old me defining (or is it 23 now?)
– I know now for sure that I’m probably bad at getting angry. When the feeling is too overwhelming instead of getting angry I just do something else. It’s like my brains are ready to say everything I’m angry about but my heart just flip. I don’t know if this is good or a bad thing ( probably the latter )
– I’m such a softie! Nah no explanation needed. It’s just who I am.
– I’m easily impressed but also easily unimpressed. It really depends. On what, I’m not sure.
– I’m not really a person comfortable to get to know someone when in a group, I prefer talking on a personal approach. Even when it comes to work. It’s so much easier!
– I don’t know sometimes I feel I have too much emotions but they’re just there, remain unsaid. Or maybe its too much of a work to speak about what I feel.
– I need a support system. On my own, I’m clumsy and I have bad sense of direction. I get lost easily and my daily life consist of clumsy events (thank god for google maps and speedy wifi)
– I find it comforting talking to people who hardly knows me. Its with them I can really pour out my feelings (used to do that when I was younger, not anymore though although I really wish I did)
– My eyesight is getting baaaad. I can’t see without my specs now !! Not a good thing and not too happy about it too.
– This year will be the year that Nad finally drive and make use of her driving license. But friends, always use public transport whenever you can because you not only save money, you save the environment as well!
– if there’s anything that’s constant its me and my books, knitting, sewing and sleeping. And oh my dramas and animes and tv shows.
– I think I’m more of a skirt and boots and dress person. Can hardly pull off any other look or maybe because it’s not really me.
– 22 years and I’ve never had anything pierced. I henna my hair auburn though if that counts but its still totally virgin hair.
– I appreciate sushi, noodles and chinese cuisine any day. It makes me happy to know that these food exist.
Okay, what else ? Oh yes, I wish to take more photos in 2017, capture precious moments and use more film cameras because theyre the best to capture memories. I’m bringing my lomo camera as well as a disposable single use camera for this trip along with my usual Olympus film and mirrorless. Can’t wait to experiment and get it printed and recall back about the trip from the photos later on. Don’t you feel like using films are actually sort of like a gift to yourself? You snap something but you can’t see if it’s perfect or not, then you develop it and get a little too excited to see the outcome. Yup, totally a gift to your ownself.
So this is it. My eyes are getting heavy. May the odds be with you in 2017. Wish for good things and only good things. Never let go of what you wish for and never ever let others break you. You get to live another day, that means you have another day to work hard so you can achieve your goals. There’s probably some other things I want to say but maybe another time. Here’s to a good year!